In order for a road trip to be fun and enjoyable, the right items must be in your car so that you’re prepared for whatever situation you may encounter. The right essentials will ensure your road trip experience is an enjoyable one, so whether you’re planning a long drive that takes you coast to coast or a short one for a quick getaway, here are some of the most important items you must have with you in your car:
- License and registration. This is an obvious one but many people leave home without them, which could be very problematic. Make sure these documents are with you and available easily should you need them so don’t store them away in your luggage. This applies to your insurance policy as well, so make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork required before you hit the road.
- Cash. Many people travel with credit cards but when it comes to road trips, it’s always important to have cash handy as some gas stations may only accept cash and you may need change for toll roads. In order for your trip to run smoothly, it’s always a good idea to have some cash in case you run into surprise expenses.
- Spare tire. This should be a mandatory item for every car on the road, especially during a long drive because you never know when you’ll need it. Without a spare tire, you will waste a lot of valuable time and run into costly repair fees should you run into a problem, so it’s better not to take any chances. A roadside emergency kit is also a must so that you’re prepared with items like zip ties, coolants, tools, extra oil, and an air compressor, for example.
- GPS. It is very important to have some form of navigation when driving in a new territory so that you don’t get lost and panic. Smartphones are very useful but remember that you may not always get service everywhere, so have a paper map handy as well.
- First aid kit. This is another obvious one and something you should have at all times. Band-aids, gloves, disinfectant and other essentials that can help treat burns and blood clots should be included in your kit.
- Flashlight. During a road trip, you will likely be on the road both day and night and you don’t want to be stuck in the dark if you need to stop. A flashlight is comforting and very helpful, so never leave home without one.
- Winter supplies. If you’re driving during the winter season, make sure you have snow supplies like an ice scraper, shovel, and seatbelt cutter because these items can save your life if you ever end up in a dangerous situation while driving in extreme weather conditions.
In addition to the right supplies, you need to have a reliable car and FM Auto in Brampton can help with all of your auto repair and service needs. They can provide brake pad replacements, brake inspection, tire service, and oil changes so that you can leave for your road trip with peace of mind.